Thursday, July 11, 2013

Duelas backpack

Despite all distractions I'm still working on Duela! I recently finished her backpack, and since I don't feel like writing much about it, I'll just post a few pictures of it.

This is what I was making:

pic is not by me btw...

 As you can see, I didn't have much to go on, and in the pics from the comic itself, it varies a lot. Thats why I wanted to work of the figurine to begin with...

How it all started, by making a pattern!

The side thingy is actually a pen that I covered with fake leather and the end is made out of Fimo modelling clay

Some of the parts and materials I used for the backpack

It was not a good idea to make the resin in an old plastic lid, because the expiry date got stuck on it xD

The base itself is made of isolation foam which I covered with fake leather. I glued the resin thing and the clockwork onto the foam, then placed a panel of softie covered with fake leather on top.I could have sworn I took more pictures along the way but can't find them now so oh well..

and voila, here it is! I also added some of the studs that can be found elsewhere on the costume, I think it ties it all together nicely. Also I used screws to attach the side thingy. Now all I need to do is attach the tube that comes out of this thing!

 So all in all what can I say? Some of the parts I really like, some of the parts I just like and some I don't like at all. This brings me to a problem I have. I'm never really pleased with anything I make.. Don't know why I just see all the flaws, and it feels like I do my very best but it just doesn't turn out good. Like with those circles for example, I cut them out like three times before I was even remotely pleased with them. In my case I completely see what I need to do better, I just.. cant I guess :/

Buuuut anyway, hopefully I have something smarter to write about next time :3

No comments:

Post a Comment